Capitalizing home-based business
Where can I get the money to start a home-based business?
Here are a few ideas to explore once you have determined how much money you will need:
- Use personal funds such as savings accounts, money markets accounts, etc.
- Sell some assets: a car, boat, property, etc. that you could do without.
- Get a home equity line of credit; it's easier to get a small line-of-credit than a small business loan.
- Borrow from a family member who is looking to invest in your future.
- Use personal credit cards to make business purchases.
- Once you get revenue from customers going, that cash flow and any profits contribute to your working capital.
Brain Trust contributor:
Related Categories: Accounting, Finance, Taxes, Business Planning, Business Start Up, Cash Managment, Entrepreneurship, Home-Based Business
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 1138