Employment to entrepreneurship
How will I know when it's time to quit my day job and commit to my new business?
Along the lines of "You might be ready...", it may be time to quit your day job if...
- ... You find yourself using up all your vacation, personal and sick leave to work your business.
- ... You find yourself making business calls from your place of employment.
- ... You're making as much money part-time as you do at your place of employment.
- ... You're turning down business because there just aren't enough hours in the day.
- ... You can't wait to get off work to work your business.
It can be a scary to let go of the security of a pay check if you've never been without one before. But your instinct, along with some or all of the above answered with a "yes." might be a good indication you're ready to make the move.
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 928