First contact protocol
What should be the focus of a first-time customer contact?
The first contact with any prospective customer should be made with the the intention to:
- Build a relationship, not get a sale
- Get to know the prospect and his or her requirements better
- Allow the prospect to get to know you better
- Position yourself for a follow-up appointment
- Qualify the prospect to see if he or she fits your best customer profile
Don't refuse to make a sale. But in this first contact, very low pressure is the the objective. Remember, in the 21st century, building a relationship is more valuable than a quick sale.
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 1794