How can I get rid of, or at least minimize, the feeling of isolation I sometimes get in my home-based business?
Clearly, isolation is one of the greatest challenges for home-based business owners and even teleworkers. It can be reduced several ways:
- Hand deliver projects to your clients. You get out of the office and get some valuable face-time with those who keep you working.
- Attend a Chamber meeting or other event.
- Join a networking group and/or civic club.
- Establish a weekly lunch meeting with another business owner or two.
- Develop a volunteer board of directors for your business you can call on for advice.
Eventually, the day will come that you'll be too busy tending to your home business to feel any isolation. In the meantime, network with others to stave off loneliness.
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 1504