Meeting referral prospect
How should I prepare for a first-time meeting with a prospective customer introduced by a referral from my network?
Here are five steps to help you to prepare for meeting a prospect introduced by referral:
1. Before the meeting, find out as much as you can about the person and his or her company.
2. Think about what results your prospect might achieve by working with you, but be prepared to modify this thinking as you collect information directly from the prospect.
3. Be curious and don't talk too much, especially at first. Ask lots of questions and listen to the answers. Pay special attention to anything that sounds like pain or frustration.
4. Don't try to move too fast; this is a first date.
5. Once you've gained critical information and established some rapport, begin to share your ideas for how you might be able to help.
Brain Trust contributor:
Related Categories: Communication, Customer Care, Marketing, Branding, Advertising, Networking, Selling
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 2861