What should I bring with me when I go to a networking event?
Post this "Networking Checklist" in your office and check it before you leave for your next event:
- Business cards: more than you think you need. It's not like they're very heavy, right?
- Brochures: Only if recipients can fit one or two in their coat pocket (and give them only if asked for).
- A pen or two: You might have to lend one.
- A pad to jot notes: Like something memorable that you can refer to in your follow up.
- A jacket with two pockets: one for incoming cards and one for outgoing cards.
- A positive, open and generous attitude.
- Patience: Networking's return on investment is a mill that grinds pure, but slowly.
Brain Trust contributor:
Related Categories: Communication, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Branding, Advertising, Networking, Selling, Trade Associations
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 1161