Is there some kind of a checklist for how to prepare for a networking event?
Here are some networking tips that will help you prepare for any networking opportunity:
- Take plenty of business cards - more than you think you need.
- If crass commercialism is expected, take brochures, if you have them. However, in many events this is not considered appropriate.
- Take at least two pens (one for you and one to lend), and a note pad.
- Wear a jacket with pockets. Place incoming cards in one pocket, and outgoing cards in another.
- Wear a positive, open and generous attitude.
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 2048