Networking group interest
Why do people join networking groups?
The overwhelming majority of businesspeople joining a networking group joined because someone invited them. One study indicated that:
- 76% initially came because they were personally invited by someone
- 24% came from all other forms of marketing and advertising combined
- 70% first visited because they were interested in some type of networking group
- Roughly 6% were encouraged by their company to attend
- 5% who visited & joined, did so not to offend the person who invited them
- 93% who join say that they felt immediately welcomed by other members of the group
- 79% report that the business they generated from the organization had either met, or exceeded their expectations
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 1957