Networking made easier
Networking is not easy for me. How can I become more comfortable with this?
Not everyone is comfortable networking. Yet networking is vital for business success in the 21st century. Grab a handful of business cards, rehearse your "Elevator Speech," and take these steps to become more at ease in networking situations:
- Set realistic goals, such as having a meaningful conversation with three new people.
- Push yourself away from the bar or sidelines, and engage others standing by themselves.
- Move from conversation to conversation - not too quickly, but with the goal of striking up another meaningful chat.
- Become a regular. The more you attend events, the more you'll build comfort, trust and familiarity.
- Remember: Everyone's there for the same reason - to build business alliances. Have fun.
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 2627