New position duties
How do I determine the job duties for a new position?
The best way to establish new job duties is to create a task inventory, which will guide you in writing a new position description.
Do this by first considering the major work functions. Guidelines would be:
- What work will be done?
- How will the work be done?
- Where will the work be done?
- When will the tasks will be performed?
- What equipment, machines or tools will be used?
- What job action or instructions are involved?
- How will the person performing the job interact with customers, fellow workers, superiors, and others?
- How does this job compare to other existing jobs?
- How will communication be made to this employee?
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 355