Non-disclosure agreement elements
What are the key parts of a non-disclosure agreement?
A non-disclosure -- or confidentiality -- agreement will commonly include the following key elements:
- Names of the involved parties
- Descriptions/definitions of the confidential material or information
- Any exclusions
- The term of the agreement (typically time)
- Penalties and routes for recourse
- The obligations of the recipient relative to the information
- Types of permissible disclosure (e.g. court order or law)
Non-disclosure agreements are commonly used for employees and anyone else who might be exposed to such information. They are a necessary part of protecting intellectual property.
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 3109