Is it possible to network effectively online?
Yes. Here are 5 ways to develop networking skills, relationships and trust in an online environment:
1. Join one or more online networking communities.
2. Start a blog or write a regular column for a website or e-newsletter.
3. Develop an e-mail newsletter for your own company.
4. Never forget that online networking is still about developing trust.
5. Understand that online networking has its own cultural norms.
With online networking, people tend to respond more directly and their responses may come across as aggressive or antagonistic, so be careful whom you approach. Build a relationship before you ask for someone’s business.
Remember that you must be given permission to contact people with electronic newsletters and the like. It's called "opt-in" and is a requirement of credible online activity.
Brain Trust contributor:
Related Categories: Communication, Internet Strategies And Practices, Marketing, Branding, Advertising, Networking
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 1795