Small business answers — NOW!

Paying for P & C insurance

As a teleworker, who should pay for my additional property and casualty insurance, me or my boss? 
It depends. Whose idea was it for you to telecomute (work from home as an employee of someone else's business).

If the arrangement was at your behest, you probably should pay. If you're working this way to help out the employer, then that company should compensate you for any increased expense due to additional and specialty coverages you may have to acquire to cover business equipment, liability, etc. 
Brain Trust contributor: Author of Safe @ Home and Teleworking and Telecommuting
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
Subject to the Terms of Use of
Print this page   Bookmark this page   E-mail this page to a friend   Go back to previous page
AskJim ID: 1162