How can I become better at remembering names?
Here are some tactics for name memory:
- Ask the person how to spell his or her name (unless it's Smith, Jones or Brown, of course).
- Repeat their name in the conversation, but not too often.
- Write their name down, if your interaction is on the phone.
- Get a business card and put some notes on the card that will remind you of what he or she looked like and the details of your conversation -- after youâ€™ve separated.
- Try to associate the name with something about the person, such as stature, facial features, or mannerisms.
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 1479