Setting service prices
What factors should be considered when determining what to charge a client for services, such as consulting?
Several topics should be considered when setting client or customer prices, including:
- Your professional status in the market
- The prevailing rate for your type of service in your market by comparable competition
- The rates of comparable competition
- Your current business backlog and cash requirements
- The message you want to send with your price (value, exclusivity, etc.)
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 3046