Tips for complaining
What is the proper way to complain?
Here are six rules to follow when lodging a complaint:
1. Deal with people and companies that care about their reputations. Otherwise, you're wasting everyone's time.
2. Be certain you're on solid ground before making a complaint. Was the situation real - or a misunderstanding.
3. Don’t complain to non-decision makers.
4. Remember that the way you complain is as important as who you complain to.
5. Keep a firm hand on your temper.
6. Don’t complain about everything. Pick your battles.
A skillfully executed, well-timed complaint can do wonders for the one who speaks and often for the one who listens. Complaints can be a powerful source of good information for companies who want to learn how to improve.
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 2088