Viable professional contract
How do I minimize future contract disputes with clients who use my professional services?
There are a number of things you can do to minimize future contract disputes with clients, a few of which are listed below. But the first two are the most critical.
- Make sure both parties are clear about what is required by the client and what the service provider expects to be able to accomplish.
- Do in full measure what you contracted to do.
- Avoid contracts with anyone whose honesty and sincerity might be in question.
- Write well-worded, thoughtful agreements that leave little room for dispute.
- Use examples and proforma samples as necessary to clarify key contract points.
- Consult with an attorney on complex or risky agreements.
Search on keyword "contracts" for more information.
Brain Trust contributor:
© 2007, Small Business Network, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
AskJim ID: 1418